Tuesday, October 6, 2009

We Choose to Go!

Tomorrow is another day.

I really am enjoying Epcot during the Food & Wine Festival. I think when I come back to visit Orlando I'll try to come right about now... or a little before, to avoid crowds. Plus the rates may be cheaper during hurricane season.

For the record: Hurricanes/tornadoes= 100x scarier than earthquakes. Just sayin'.

I'm actually not sure why I watch the weather channel in the mornings, when it always says the same "Scattered thunderstorms throughout the day. Chance of rain, 30%.". That last part means you're going to be wet 30% of the day.

Why am I talking about the weather...? Because my job is a bit stressful, and my last few days off I spent sleeping to recover from everything! But in truth, I love the people I'm living with (up, all of them) and I still love going to the parks (There's a lot I haven't done)! So I've made it past the 1 month mark barely bruised. And yes, it has given me some perspective about future career planning, but we'll save that for later.

A few times at work I'll get to talk to someone who was too scared to go on the ride, and is waiting for their family. I'm supposed to send them down the hallway but most of the time I am so lonely I let them sit so we can talk. I ask them why they came, who they came with. One woman I met, her husband's son had died two yeaars ago and there she was telling me that this trip was doing him some good-- that he finally seemed to be happy again. I really loved hearing that, because Disney is just such a positive place, especially now with the attitude that every day is worth celebrating. I think "dreams come true" is fine, but the idea that we all have something to be thankful for and worth enjoying is much better.
It's sort of healing.

So I do plan to keep visiting the parks, though working for them may not be top on the list. That being said, it's time to put on the rest of my spacesuit and blast off.

We choose to go! (to the moon and to mars.... not because they are easy, but because they are hard)

No comments:

Post a Comment